Congratulations, you’ve taken the first step to fighting against your hair loss by choosing a Sons treatment plan - now you need to know how to make it count. Here is a bit of background into the science behind our hair loss treatment for men and how you can maximise its benefits.
Before we get the best ways to use your treatment, it’s good to have an understanding of how it works. We are proud to say that we’re backed by science, which is why we base all of our plans around the two scientifically proven medications to treat male pattern hair loss: Finasteride and Minoxidil.
Male pattern hair loss is caused by a sensitivity to DHT, a by-product of testosterone, which clings to your hair follicles and causes them to shrink. This shrinkage cuts your hair strands off from their blood supply, leading them to thin and eventually fall out.
Put simply, our medications help to prevent this in the following ways:
- Finasteride helps to block the transformation of testosterone into DHT.
- Minoxidil increases blood flow to your scalp, revitalising hair follicles and allowing for a better absorption of Finasteride.
Alongside our Biotin supplements and Shampoo, which improve the health of your hair, we can confidently say that we create one of the best hair loss treatments for men on the market.
How to make the most of your treatment
First of all, the main point for making the most out of your treatment is consistent and accurate use. Hair loss treatment is a gradual process and whilst it will take months before you see any results, it’s important that you remain diligent and patient by using your plan as prescribed. Here’s a run through of how to use each product properly:
- Use your DHT Blocking Shampoo once a day as part of your normal showering routine. Take 30-60 seconds to gently massage the shampoo into your scalp to create a lather, then leave in for 60-90 seconds before rinsing.
- Your Minoxidil solution needs to be used twice a day. We recommend gently drying your hair dry following your shower, then applying your Minoxidil solution to the affected areas of your scalp. Then repeat the application again in the evening.
- Both your Finasteride and Biotin tablets should be consumed orally once a day. This can be done whenever suits your routine, but we recommend taking it at the same time of day so you get into the habit of taking it every day.
Ultimately, hair loss treatment doesn't work overnight and making sure that you take your treatment consistently is the best way to ensure that you experience the best results. If you need any more guidance on our products, please visit our FAQ area.